Pentax for Video shooting ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nimo_or
nimo_or Junior Member • Posts: 41
Pentax for Video shooting ?

Hello,

I shoot with Pentax K series cameras (up to K1) and the subjects have always been static - either landscape or macro or senior portrait. I never had any need to do 'real time' or continuous  focus tracking of any of my subjects. I am happy with my Pentax cameras and a dozen of DA (including Limited) and D-FA lenses.

Now, I have been asked to video shoot some private events like wedding, birthday events, ballet and music concerts. The video length may go from 30 to 45 mins continuously. I have never seen anyone shooting videos with Pentax gears in the events. Is it impossible to use Pentax to record video ? I have the need of Full HD progressive video with 60fps.    (I do not need 4K )  . I am reluctant to look at other camera brands and invest money in their system. Is it impossible to shoot the video footage of the above spec using Pentax DSLR and lens ? Does the DA 55-300 ED PLM RE help in video shooting ? How are other Pentaxians meet their video shooting requirements (if any) ?

I did some home work and come to a conclusion that if at all Pentax can not meet my needs for my video shooting assignment, I would choose either one of the below :

Panasonic Lumix G85 with 14-140 lens

Or

Canon EOS 80D with 18-135 STM lens

What are your thoughts ? What would you if you are a Pentaxian shooting with Pentax gears for years and have got video shooting requirements ?

Note : Around $1000 plus 200 (buffer) is what I m budgeting from price point of view. No intention of growing my lens collection into either one of the above camera systems.

-- hide signature --

Nimo from OR
Depth of Feeling > Depth of Field in photography.

nimo_or's gear list:nimo_or's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 II Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +14 more
Canon EOS 80D Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow