Osmo Action Cam

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
gteague
gteague Senior Member • Posts: 2,557
Re: well...

tested mine for the first time this evening by doing exactly what i did when i got my rx0 which i got rid of. i put it on a suction cup mount on my front windshield and drove on the farm-to-market roads to the state park.

of course the rx0 only had fhd and i shot the dji at 4k@60p, but the results were very comparable considering the rx0 was 3x the price back when i bought it. i used the dewarp and rocksteady modes.

i also tested in hdr mode, but it didn't seem worth it--i couldn't tell much if any difference and the 60p was smoother.

\long ago i had a gopro, but it had no screen and a 15 minute battery life. this is a vast improvement, i only wish it shot real hdr/hlg. and i wish you could narrow the fov even further--even that long ago gopro had that option.

can't post any video as i forgot to clean my windshield and i'm going to do a do-over after i hit it with some windex.

oh, i forgot to mention that when i tested the rx0, it overheated after 15 minutes continuous shooting. that's one reason it's gone. but the osmo shot clips up to 20-30 minutes with no signs of strain or heat distress. oh, and i've gotta see if there's a way to keep the screen on--i ruined a few clips when the screen went dark and it panicked me every time.

/guy

-- hide signature --

"Before you take that shot, ask yourself: What Would HCB do?" ~/s

gteague's gear list:gteague's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Panasonic GH5 Panasonic S1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow