I love my new XF 35mm 1.4

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Robinje Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: I love my new XF 35mm 1.4

Marek1977 wrote:

Robinje wrote:

I think I would have probably been happy with either of these lenses, as they each offer their own particular strengths/advantages. That's why it took me so long to decide. Ultimately, the price at my dealer's weekend event was a more substantial discount off the f/1.4 than the f2.0 lens, so that pushed me over the edge! I already have 23mm f2.0 and 50mm f2.0 lenses, so now I have one lens with a wider available aperture. The 35mm f1.4 build quality is fine, although the hood and rubber cap design is a little quirky. The lens doesn't seem all that noisy to me and it seems to focus fast enough for my needs. Some folks around here make a big deal out of these characteristics, but I have no problem with these. I've only had it a couple of days, but so far it seems like a really nice lens.

LukasHaydukas wrote:

I too am considering buying this lens. What made you buy the f1.4 over f2?

How is the 50mm f2 wide open when focusing on something close? That will be my next lens, 50 or 56

Quite honestly, I have not really used the 50mm f2 at minimum focus distance wide open, so I can’t offer an opinion on its performance in that application. I will say that it is very sharp and provides nice bokeh wide open at fairly close distance to subject with background far away. It is very satisfactory (to me) in use for portraits.

Robinje's gear list:Robinje's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow