MrHollywood
MrHollywood Senior Member • Posts: 2,961
Re: Why do ppl prefer ricoh GR for "street photo"and not Sony RX100

TakiNufuji wrote:

MrHollywood wrote:

TakiNufuji wrote:

vallhall wrote:

Hi

I have no experience with street photo, but why is Ricoh GR favorite?. I mean the Sony RX100 has sharp lenses, amazing af, EVF and not least zoom

Explain for me plz

I think you are asking why GR seems to be considered more important ?

Most of it has to do with a cult for the camera that has turned more mainstream. Also because of the cameras old history with Daido Moriyama who hasn't used a Ricoh camera in tens years. He tested latest GR and Ricoh used it as promotion but Daido went back to his Nikon zoom cameras. So I believe the term for this is "hype".

LOL...that's being kind.

Rob

I read lot of forums here since joining and there is arguing in almost all of them but there is a strange arrogance on the Ricoh forum. I live in the land of cameras but photographers far out number gear heads. Also the gear heads here do not get offended. I started using ignore feature for some of them.

It's an insecure group to be sure. And very little pics are posted...like they all sit in a basement somewhere with their cameras.

Rob

-- hide signature --

"We need a bigger boat."

MrHollywood's gear list:MrHollywood's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital II Nikon D850 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow