Credit where Credit is Due

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Philnw2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,221
Credit where Credit is Due

This is an interesting article on Thom Hogan's site "Sans Mirror"

http://www.sansmirror.com/newsviews/2019-mirrorless-camera/april-june-2019-mirrorless/credit-where-credit-is-due.html

He lists as Winners both Fujifilm and Sony and tells why he thinks so.  Then he goes on to talk about where the other companies are in the mirrorless world.    Later on he expands to say that he likes what Fujifilm, Sony, Nikon and Panasonic are currently doing.

I always find it interesting to hear how the photography industry is moving along.  These companies are not dealing with small issues, and its even more difficult in a down market as Thom describes.  Anyway, a lot of what Thom writes about seems to resonate with some things i've noticed - so yea, i'm a fan of his writing.

He currently describes Canon as being in a bit of a mess that they need to clean up.  The 2 examples of that are the M-mount cameras which are not compatible with their new mirrorless R mount, and the Cine cameras which are still on the EF mount.

Why do i care what Canon is doing, well i own 4 of their lenses - thank you very much for asking

Interesting times.

-- hide signature --

Phil B

Philnw2's gear list:Philnw2's gear list
Sony a7R II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow