Mitakon 35 f0.95 II owner. Is it worth getting XF 56 f1.2?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
boogisha Contributing Member • Posts: 877
Re: Mitakon 35 f0.95 II owner. Is it worth getting XF 56 f1.2?

ragbasti wrote:

boogisha wrote:

I`m still thinking I`ll get XF 56mm (APD?) one day

Sidenote here, the APD version does not work with phase detect AF, so it will focus much slower no matter which camera you put it on

Yeah, I know, but thanks for bringing it up anyway. I`m not counting much on 56mm auto-focus abilities, and especially in low-light (and that for auto-focus in general). I wouldn`t mind if it were a full-manual lens, either - it`s modern design/coatings that interest me the most. Otherwise, even auto-focus should be fine in good light.

The funny thing is I went Fuji with X-T3, supposedly being one of their best auto-focus cameras to date, and I`m now using it with manual focus only lens(es) for the most of the time... go figure, lol. But I do value various other X-T3`s features/improvements, and good auto-focus is certainly nice to have, if not even crucial at times, of course.

boogisha's gear list:boogisha's gear list
Canon PowerShot A75 Canon ELPH 300 HS Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow