Help me pick a laptop spec?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Austinian
Austinian Veteran Member • Posts: 8,284
Re: Help me pick a laptop spec?

noneoftheabove wrote:

skyglider wrote:

So my suggestion is to pay attention to the jack locations if that might be a concern to you.

Sky

Thanks for this - I am trying to think beyond specs a bit, since 'modern' technology is generally astonishing and there are few subjectively 'bad' machines, so assuming I can afford the right balance of processor/memory/etc, I'm finding this type of usability issue is a potentially really important factor in choosing something I enjoy using.

I agree. 'User interface' can matter a great deal when it comes to long-term satisfaction with a device.

Sometimes it seems like we have a situation of "overchoice" when we look at the huge number of different laptops offered, many with similar performance.

But when an experienced user looks at details like keyboard and touchpad quality, port arrangement, display quality, etc. the number of really good PC candidates falls rapidly.

At least, that's what I've found when laptop shopping.

Good thing we have so many models to choose from!

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a7R III Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Sony FE 28mm F2 Samyang 135mm F2.0 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow