Which RAW converter do you use?

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
tokumeino Senior Member • Posts: 2,268
Re: Why not using DT

tokumeino wrote:

Fully agree Dave.. Both DarkTable and RawTherapee are the 2 undisputed FREE alternatives to LR & co..

If you can get for 0 $ the same results, only with a longer learning curve and some settings to change, why not?

Well… whatever positive I think about DT (which I consider as the best RAW developer I know, by far), I'm using C1P thus sacrifying end-quality result. Why ? Because DT is somfortable with a GTX1060, and I only have a laptop with a MX150. While such a configuration is nice for most operations, as soon as I put NR modules (like the 2 regular ones : one wavelet chroma blended, and the other non-local-means luminance blended), it is no longer comfortable to use. I mean : worst than LR. So to me, C1P is less expensive than a super high-end laptop.

Just to get an idea : I've posted a video here https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62698168 to get help about DT, because I cannot let it use my PC at its full power. As it, the video shows how responsive C1P is when compared to DT (it is actually much more than it appears on the video, with absolutely no lag) :

That beeing said at least for my Fuji files, demosaicing is waaay better than C1P's so as far as IQ is concerned, Darktable rules IMO.

tokumeino's gear list:tokumeino's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon G7 X II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD hurtsme
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow