struggling with colors using darktable + sony 6300

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
magic_carpet Junior Member • Posts: 26
struggling with colors using darktable + sony 6300

Hi!

While developing images from my Sony Alpha 6300 with darktable I ran into troubles regarding colors. I do have images where a either a red-violett color tint is present or in other cases where there is a certain blue color disturbingly strong in its appearance.

Let me show you the problem with the blue color in a cropped image I developed with darktable:

For reference this is how the camera renders this part:

I tried to fix this with the "color zone" module by picking the color with the picker and desaturating it and changing its brightness but I'm getting nowhere with this approach.

Similar the situation with this red/violett color problem: I tried to fix it with the "color correction" module moving both (highlights and shadows) towards a more greenish tone, but what I get is that rest of the image gets a greenish tint while the area, where the sunlight breaks through the clouds, is still redish.

Here the developed version:

and here how the camera is delivering it:

I remember having a similar problem when I owned a Sony NEX 5r, I think I ended up fiddling with the "base curve" module.

Does anyone experience the same problem with a darktable and a Sony camera? How did you fix the issue?

If someone wants to play with the raw files, get them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tdbni7kiksdqt7z/AACTNlxHQ8FFPfXROD-mWAsNa?dl=0

thanx in advance!

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow