Missed focus on static subjects: Is x-t3 better than x-t2?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
oscador Junior Member • Posts: 42
Missed focus on static subjects: Is x-t3 better than x-t2?

I have had my X-T2 for a few years now and generally love it but have noticed that I will randomly get focused shots when shooting not particularly challenging subject. e.g. Landscapes or city scenes of static subjects.

I'm using the 18-55mm mostly with AF-S, zone focusing but have noticed this with single point as well.

I read that the X-T3 has improved AF but most of the reviews and comments are around EyeAF and dynamic subjects.

An example of this is below. I focused on the urn/vase in the foreground but it doesn't look sharp. Shutter speed is 1/200 so camera shake should be an issue.

My questions are:

1) What could I be doing wrong that would cause this behavior on the X-T2? or is this par for the course on the X-T2?

2) Would the X-T3 improve this type of miss-focus issue?

1/200, f9, iso 200, Focus point on urn

oscador's gear list:oscador's gear list
Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PT
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow