Are the kit lenses for nikon really bad?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
migotka21 New Member • Posts: 8
Are the kit lenses for nikon really bad?

I'm not buying a nikon, it's just I got a notification about 2 weeks ago for a set of lenses (18-55 plus 70-300) and D3500 with a memory card and a bag and the price was circa 600 EUR from a German retailer. I didn't buy it, there could be a problem with warranty between 2 countries, it's just I tried to check if such a set is a bad idea. I found some info about canon sets of lenses (that is: bad, replace with another at once!) but not so much info about nikkor(s) available in kits.

Some users suggested it's not so bad and one could use them learning one's new camera and then replace when one knows what lens one needs but there were others who insisted no matter which company provides a kit, one must buy lens at once. I can't find anything conclusive.

Any idea? Any place where I could find reviews of kit lenses? I know there are places when one writes a model of one's camera and such a place provides suggestions for certain types of lens that one could use but it's not a reviev.

I can't find specification of lenses in that kit, it expired last week and there's another offer from the same retailer which is similar but with higher price, more or less 670 EUR no bag, no card.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow