Which RAW converter do you use?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
Jim B (MSP) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,641
Re: Adding Plugins to this list would make it complex, no?

gaul wrote:

Jim B (MSP) wrote:

gaul wrote:

For your Version 2 post:

You have asked a question about "which raw converter" do people use.

However, most of the responses tend to deal with other parts of a total software package like noise reduction; or even the user interface.

Perhaps you want to ask which software package do people use to post process a raw image. That often entails a variety of software and plug ins.

Jim
"It's all about the light"

Point taken Jim.. Not sure how I could articulate it though..

In the case of Adobe (I think you mean them), yes, Adobe LR + PS is also these days often used as a suite and while people use in effect LR to develop their pictures, they might well have another 3rd party app as a Plugin to LR..

I agree - it would be very complex, maybe even too complex.

If I shoot over 500 photos on a tour through a nature reserve on a decent day - I will use a multitude of software. Some I use on only the 'best shots"; some I use on the good ones.

I'll start with LR Classic to sort and rate and cull, and start the post work on the average good ones. Then I'll move to Photoshop, and might use NIK, Noiseware, and the some of the Topaz suite.  The best shots are started with Capture One v12, then probably on to PS et al.

A poll like this is meaningless to me. I'll give it some more thought.

-- hide signature --

Jim
"It's all about the light"

Jim B (MSP)'s gear list:Jim B (MSP)'s gear list
Canon EOS 80D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD hurtsme
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow