EOS R issue with fully electronic shutter

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glassworks
Glassworks Forum Member • Posts: 72
EOS R issue with fully electronic shutter

I’ll add some photos once I get them processed but what I’m seeing is concerning. In fully electronic shutter mode (silent), I’m seeing warping of images from frame to frame. It appears to be a rolling “shutter” issue but for stills, not video. Objects being skewed, faces being slightly squished and distorted. These aren’t fast moving objects. They are people just standing in a pose. In one sequence where I stood on the divider of a road and shot through traffic to the clients, the car looked like it was stretched like taffy. I think electronic shutter is unusable on the EOS R, even for slow/non moving subjects. Even ring shots were warped and stretched enough that you could flip back and forth and see the circular engagement ring being out of shape. High “shutter” speeds or low, doesn’t matter. Seems like the sensor readout is slowwwww.

Glassworks's gear list:Glassworks's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow