Theater performance with GRII

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Loga Senior Member • Posts: 1,804
Theater performance with GRII

Hi All!

Last weekend I attended a theater performance. I took my Ricoh GR to find out whether it is "sneaky" enough to steal one picture or two Well, the camera exceeded my expectations. Turning off every lighting part of it including the "power on" led and the rear screen, it completely transformed to a black wallet.

As for my shooting method, I did not care that the screen was off, I just lifted it a bit, and shot towards the action I wanted to shot - with continuous shooting. I knew that the 28mm is really wide, but I hoped that the GR II is good enough to crop heavily. After cropping the pics, I think, it is.

I used Positive Film preset, used the OOC jpegs in LR post process. In the post process I did not do too much: cropping, and highlight recovery a few times, but that's about it.

As for cropping, most of my images became 6~10MP out of 16MP. The last image in the series became only 2.5MP, which is less than 1/6th of the original one! I still think it is good enough to call it enjoyable.

Here you can check the pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/quSkVNpG9C5xGruq6

And thanks for your attention!

Loga

Loga's gear list:Loga's gear list
Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Ricoh GR II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow