Questions before buying RX100 VI

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP JeremyB2 Regular Member • Posts: 185
Re: Questions before buying RX100 VI

Thanks so much for your responses. Some really helpful comments and suggestions. There seems to be a broad consensus regarding most of the questions I asked, which is comforting to know. I prefer to charge batteries in an out-of-camera charger most of the time, firstly because it doesn't 'tie up' the camera and secondly because in some places (lodges in Nepal for example) the charging areas are easily accessible to anyone. Nowadays in Nepal, providing you're not going up large remote mountains, there are charging facilities in virtually all of the lodges.

I have been trekking in Nepal 4 times, plus treks in Ladakh, Bhutan and Kyrgyzstan. All wonderful places with fantastic photo opportunities and lovely people, but for me Nepal is very special. I'm easing back a bit now from the tougher treks but want to keep going as long as I am able. Having said that the Langtang Valley trek will take us up to around 5000 m (16,400 feet) on a couple of occasions.

As you say saudidave, buying from John Lewis seems like a good idea because of their 2 year warranty, generally excellent support, and £100 cashback which brings the price down to £1050, although the price of £719 from E-infinity is very tempting!

I've done so much reading, watching videos, and planning regarding the RX100 Mk 6 that I'm now itching to get my hands on one! I have played with earlier versions of the RX100 so I'm comfortable with the size of the camera and its controls.

One last question (I hope) - where can I find a link to the full manual? I can find the 'Help Guide' and the 'Instruction Manual' but that is only 36 pages long whereas the full pdf manual is over 584 pages. J.

JeremyB2's gear list:JeremyB2's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony RX100 VI
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow