Is It capture the memory, or Photographic excellence?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
woodturner Regular Member • Posts: 185
Re: Is It capture the memory, or Photographic excellence?

I  concur.

I guess I like and strive for excellence, but you have to grab the moment as well, - that’s what Auto is for, I’m not too proud to use it … and the custom memories. I need all the help I can get.

I’m not a fan of the super arty stuff anyway, some is very impressive indeed, but generally wouldn’t make it in my Desert Island Discs of photos. *

If the tech means you are going to miss out, you can even put the camera down and use the Mk 1 eyeball and your cranial storage system. Just look, and enjoy the moment. Probably considered heresy here of course. You can’t print it out, but who does that these days? Sometimes even the best tech gets in the way.

*For those not in the UK, Desert Island Discs is a (very) long running ½ hour BBC radio show with the premise that the guest celebrity chooses which 8 records they would take if they were put alone on a desert island. They discuss their reasons/life etc around the records which can be quite insightful. Complete lack of sound bites. Last week was Louis Theroux.

woodturner's gear list:woodturner's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX10 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow