Nikon Z6 and Z7 Service Advisory

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
olyflyer
olyflyer Forum Pro • Posts: 26,238
Re: Nikon Z6 and Z7 Service Advisory

Danielle White wrote:

Sadly mine is affected but I have a vacation coming up in two weeks and need my camera 😔

If you haven't noticed any issues before then you should take the vacation with the camera and send it in to Nikon after. Don't worry, the service recall will be valid for a very long time. If you want, you can perform a simple test, which I demonstrate in this video:

It is likely that the camera is OK, at least for now, if your IBIS is working currently. We don't actually know what Nikon is fixing or which part they change, except that it has to do with the IBIS. It may be so that the effected cameras are not having as efficient IBIS as the others, but no need to take a vacation trip and leave the camera at home in the hands of Nikon.

I don't think there is a single user who actually ever reported that their IBIS is not working, I remember having seen some complaint that it was not as good as expected, but nothing alarming. I mean, after all, how to know if the expectations are reasonable or not...? IBIS efficiency is difficult to measure, but if you manage to take images which you regard sharp at slow shutter speed then it is likely that the IBIS is working fine, maybe not as good as specified, but good enough for a vacation.

olyflyer's gear list:olyflyer's gear list
Nikon Z7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
C41
C41
C41
C41
C41
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow