Alaska Photography Tips

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
SeeTheWorld
OP SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 312
Re: Alaska Photography Tips

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

I have not been dog sledding, but I have visited a breeder and 3-time Iditerod winner near Denali. When the tour bus empties, you are met with puppies to hold! My late wife loved it.

Your late wife was obviously happy holding that cute ball of fluff!  She looks as though she was a very nice and fun person.

Flightsee views:

With Denali in the background:

i come up to my husband’s shoulder, almost, also.  Beautiful Denali in the back!

Glacier from the cruise ship - it was quite cold and windy here. The decks were packed as we approached the glacier, but 30 minutes later most people had bailed due to the cold.

Bring a long lens and binoculars when shooting from a cruise ship:

Nice!

In Juneau you can take the tram up Mount Evans and get some great views:

In Skagway you can take the White Pass Railroad into Canada:

i absolutely love traveling by rail!

You will see a lot of blue ice and 'bergy bits' near glaciers:

'

And yes, it can be cold:

Thank you for sharing those “cool” (ha ha) pics.  My husband and I really enjoyed them.  The blue bergy bits are beautiful.  And, the photo just above clearly demonstrates the cold!  I guess I’ll have to look at the below links tomorrow morning on my computer.  They won’t open on my phone.  Looking forward to it!

Some Alaska cruise pics are here:

http://www.cjcphoto.net/travels/index.html

and here:

http://www.cjcphoto.net/travels/index56.html

As for small planes....

I can understand your point, perhaps more than most. My father and uncle disappeared in Alaska in 1992 in a small plane. But you really cannot truly experience Alaska until you've seen it from the air. You just cannot get a sense of the awesome scale of the place.

That is just awful, Craig.  I am really sorry about all your losses,  I guess I see where you found your sense of adventure, though.

I understand what you mean by scale.  I heard on the radio that Alaska is the same size as Texas, California and another state (I forgot which) combined.

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Mary
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world . . ." Margaret Mead

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow