Picture comparison

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 10,998
Re: Picture comparison

I don't like the bulk to carry extra lighting for my travelling, not even a flash...

Hence, whenever I met with similar high contrast condition, and if the highlight has same degree of interest and detail as shadow, HDR is my usual solution.

The following sample which should be under similar contrast condition as yours (nothing to write home about it, and I also know the HDR result might be on the extreme side because I personally like the color and effect, which is totally up to the user to set it to more natural looking), shot with auto exposure bracketing handheld, 5 shots of 1ev per step and was merged by Nik's Efex Pro in Photoshop:

An usual shot used Multiple Metering, which is being the base shot of the AEB sequence (-1/3ev to have more detail in highlight):

The direct HDR end product without further touching work:

I could have both the highlight (sky and cloud) and the shadow (the mountain, the monastery etc) be better revealed and also a boosting on the color to make it fun (can be tune down).

HDR is always a good friend for those lighting condition.

-- hide signature --

Albert

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow