Making the XF10 more versatile with a filter adapter

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
arjunmehta New Member • Posts: 10
Making the XF10 more versatile with a filter adapter

I found a great filter adapter made by JJC (found here) that sticks onto the end of the XF10 lens mechanism and opens up a word of possibilities. A major complaint about the XF10 is its lack of filter thread. Well, here you go.

The 46mm adapter only adds a little thickness to the overall package, but it's worth it for me. Now I can use so many different lens caps, filters, step up rings, hoods and other filter adapters!

The only problem with it is that the adhesive tape used to stick it on is so strong, that I am not sure I will every be able to take it off if I wanted to. Putting it on required some patience and good light.

Also gives the camera a cleaner look, as it covers up any lens information. (pictured with a 46-52mm Step up -> 52mm Circular polarizer)

46mm-52mm Step up -> 52mm Circular Polarizer -> 52mm Lens Cap

The lens cap from the X100 still works! But don't turn the camera on when this lens cap is on it! It won't extend properly and will give a warning.

46-52mm Step Up does an okay job as a hood and protects the lens. Sometimes I keep it in my pocket like this as it is enough protection.

46-52mm Step Up -> 52mm Polarizer attached. Gets a little bulkier but still pretty compact!

With 46mm screw on hood

With 46mm clear protective filter. (I never use this btw)

With the whole set of accessories.

Size comparison next to the X-Pro2 with 18mm F2

arjunmehta's gear list:arjunmehta's gear list
Fujifilm XF10 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow