Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Bangers and Mash
OP Bangers and Mash Senior Member • Posts: 2,956
Re: well...

Jonneymendoza2 wrote:

Bangers and Mash wrote:

sludge21017 wrote:

hmmmm

Hmmmm, is right!! That about sums it up for me then. I have to wonder about all the reviews I've gone through where they show the Osmo as clearly the better of the two. But in the side by side viewing, clearly the 7 wins . . . big time!! I'm glad you posted this because I was contemplating sending the 7 back to Costco and getting the Osmo. Not anymore.

My wife and I were out yesterday. I was trying to experiment with the settings for getting better stable shots for indoor lighting. I went to a mall, JC Pennys and Costco. Better results, but still not quite there. I reset the settings after to ISO 100 for outdoor shooting, and my wife took over the cam while I was driving. I kept telling her to hold the cam more steady. I figured the results would be a total mess. Anyway, I viewed all the footage after, and when viewing what she took I was totally amazed. You could see the dash of the car, along with the bugs on the windshield bobbing all over the place, yet the scene outside of the windshield was rock solid. How can that be explained? I'm really curious about that one. Perhaps tomorrow when I have time I will post some of her footage to show what I mean. This little cam ceases to amaze me in how it works.

By the way, I forgot to mention that from the video, I feel the colors are much more vibrant from the sample of the GoPro than that from the Osmo.

So can you explain to me how my one is more stable then this video, whilst cycling i must add... You can see how rough the ride is by how much my helmet is bouncing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1LqNxfHJTo&t=186s

Yes, I saw that very video. I was indeed amazed by the results. I honestly wish i could explain. The results from my GoPro that my wife took inside the car are somewhat like your video. You see your helmet bobbing here and there, yet what was filmed in front was rock solid. The very same with what my wife shot. The dash board of the car, and even the bugs on the windshield bobbed around in unison, yet what was shot outside the windshield was rock solid. It's interesting similar technology of both. Love to know how it is done.

-- hide signature --

Critique, NOT criticize.

Bangers and Mash's gear list:Bangers and Mash's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow