GR III Firmware not working

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
thelps
thelps Regular Member • Posts: 476
Re: GR III Firmware not working

jafleming3 wrote:

I did exactly that.

Since I formatted the card in the camera, there were Ricoh files on the card. I placed the update file, nevertheless in the root. Should i have deleted the Rich files / folders first?

The other folders and files there will be ok. I am sure I have used a card with images on it before for updates in previous models.

Maybe yours is already at v1.10 ? Perhaps the supplier did it ?

They do demonstrate how to do the update here at this time point:

https://youtu.be/AubEwjRBiJo?t=2092

(I used the English file from the Japanese site not the German file - but of course you have this update file already so skip the download bit)

So if the file is in place, hold the Menu button and keep holding then power on and you should see the option to update. Its important to ensure your battery is charged as Wolfgang mentioned it will not attempt with a partially discharged battery.

I had to update mine from v1.00 to v1.10.

Hope you can sort it as in the same video Wolfgang Baus says that the FW addresses a lot of the heating issues that have been reported.

One issue I had with an old Sigma DP2 update is it would not update with a large card. If you have another card perhaps try with that. Place the file after formatting the card - make sure you have no data on it you need.

Good luck.

-- hide signature --

DPReview Quote: Ricoh GR III shooting experience: "Shut up and take my money"

thelps's gear list:thelps's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow