Making the switch from A7R3 to A9 this week

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sundinracing Junior Member • Posts: 43
Making the switch from A7R3 to A9 this week

Hi guys, so I`ve decided to make the switch from my belowed A7R3 to the A9.

In the summer i shoot car racing so this is the main reason for the switch (more FPS, no blackout in the EVF, consideably faster focus speed, AF Tracking++)

But I also use my gear for portraits, with Godox AD600 flash, I never shoot bursts of photos with flash, only single shots.

Will I regret my choice to go with the A9? In my A7R3 I had some banding issues when shooting in areas with led lights so I needed to disable the Electronic Front shutter and go mechanical. The A9 as I can see also has a mechanical shutter with 3fps, is this correct?

aside from the obvious resolution loss when super cropping, will I notice any other differences?

I`m expecting more keepers from action photography and BIF. It will be used with my 100-400GM without the 1,4TC for sports, I will probably throw the 1,4 on for birds and BIF.

The plan is to pick up a A9 Wednesday evening and bring it to a car festival Thursday morning after updating the software and customizing the buttons the way I like. Wish me luck!

Sundinracing's gear list:Sundinracing's gear list
Sony a9 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art +2 more
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow