How Are We?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 38,652
Re: All the forums on here are the same...

absquatulate wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

absquatulate wrote:

An amazing choice of products, but filled with gear heads whining incessantly about their chosen brand. It's really quite simple, if you're not happy then buy something else. I'm really pretty amazed at how good all these cameras are these days, but then l still happily use film so maybe l have a more grounded perspective.

I remember flaky auto-focus, shutter lag, rubbish ergonomics, tiny viewfinders etc etc, now l pick up my G9 and am regularly amazed by what it can do. I'm sure l could apply that to any m4/3's camera from the last 5 years. There's just no serious perspective from many people on here, l consider myself really lucky to own such capable equipment, l really don't understand what's not to like?

Because while you point out happens, other things happen. Like some people here constantly comparing vs other system instead of posting photos of what they can do with their preferred tool. And then another set of people proceeds to complain that it's people from other systems trolling.

Some people also express simply a different set of needs that leads them to a different tool, and then they get burned at the stake.

I know, and it happens on the all forums, all have their zealots, some are worse than others, this forum has a bit of bunker mentality because it does get trolled regularly, the best solution is just to ignore the idiots on either side.

In general, I agree it happens in all forums yes.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow