***Weekly Wildlife Thread: May 19th - 25th***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Snowfella
Snowfella Contributing Member • Posts: 765
Re: ***Weekly Wildlife Thread: May 19th - 25th***

Nice shots so far!

Haven't been out much lately but reports of Swift Parrots having been seen in my usual reserve had me drag the gear out last Friday. Unfortunately did not get any Swift shots, only an estimated 2000 pairs left in the wild nowadays.
Did have a nice walk with a little bit of new variety thrown in.

Crested Shrike-tit with a tasty spider for breakfast.
Same spot also had me see some Golden Whistlers and a Rose Robin but neither saw fit to pose for any photos.

Returnee that haven't been seen here for months, Hardhead X Chestnut Teal hybrid.

A splash of colour in the way of an Eastern Rosella

Australasian Darter. Not often I come across one of these in this spot.
Wish I could scratch my back like that if needed!

And as per usual no visit to this reserve is complete without going hunting for my old Azure Kingfisher friend. Thousands of shots since I first found it back in 2015 but I still keep on going back for more.
As luck would have it I found her in one of her favorite fishing spots, unfortunately my least favorite spot as the light is atrocious!

Way slow shutter speed and about as high as I dare to push the ISO on my old A77, luckily I had a monopod along for some added stability.  Lots of shots thrown out in the end, lucky it isn't film photography or I'd be broke by now!

Midday and the shadows are pointing up! What little bit of ambient light there is is getting overpowered by reflections off the water underneath.

Snowfella's gear list:Snowfella's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow