C&C : My first video on YT / First editing with Davinci Resolve

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Adrian Tung
Adrian Tung Veteran Member • Posts: 3,676
Re: C&C : My first video on YT / First editing with Davinci Resolve

Symtex wrote:

jjdp wrote:

Audio sounds like you're talking over the phone even though it looks like you're wearing it close enough. Need to revisit the manuals and play with settings. Maybe you need to lower the gain on the mic, not just the camera. And check for any high pass filters or auto gain or auto wind noise reduction... any settings that could affect the sound.

Agreed. I am not happy with the sound. I need to work on the audio. Mic is very hot. My camera pre-amp was at 1. I have another -db setting on it. I saw it clipping after the video was recorded. I put a compressor fx on it but I couldn't recover.

Yeah, agree with the poster above, check for any auto-stuff like wind noise reduction or auto gain control. Doesn't sound right if you had your camera's audio levels down to a minimum (I assume 1 was the lowest) and you can still clip like that. Or check that your mic doesn't have any auto stuff going on.

(And let's just hope that Nikon didn't learn from Sony's action cam and camcorder department on audio... their auto levels are super hot!)

Adrian Tung's gear list:Adrian Tung's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow