Nikon Z advisory

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Veteran Member • Posts: 9,558
Re: For someone who has never owned one...

rbmphoto wrote:

What I find amusing is that every time a Z discussion starts over here, fellows such as yourself float over here to defend the Z. IMO, you know what you've bought and really, deep down, you know what I'm saying is true. There'd be no discussion on any of this here if you stuck to the Z forum and discussed the Z there.

TO, I bought one of the first D3’s available in the US. I’m quite certain I’ve been on this forum as long as you have as I’ve been here since its inception. As an constant fx owner, I still (in)frequent this forum. I noticed yet another negative Z thread here, as you pointed out, in the FX forum. I don’t see negative fx threads in the Z forum, probably because most Z owner own both - from each camp: dslr and mirrorless.

Every time I see one of those negative/critical thread, you seem to be there running off without any hands on experience, something I never used to see from you in the past.

You are right. I typically don't comment on what I don't shoot. However, every thread on the Zees over here turns into a bashing of DSLRs and in particular the D850. DigitalFFUser is an example of who shows up every time there's any Z related on the Fx forum.

The D850 in fact is very close to the Holy Grail of DSLRs, based on 2019. The Z7 is not close in the ML sector.

In 2019, most any camera body can yield exceptional results, particularly if you're going to shoot it in the areas where that body has some strengths. Which is what happened with the Z6 and Z7.

They are not that good. As I mentioned, they have sub-standard AF unless you're going to use it where AF doesn't get pushed (landscape for example). They now have a recall on them, they have one card slot, they have the adapter, there's a lack of native lenses. As Reilly points out, they come with that wonderful lag. And they're just not popular, which generally means they're not that good. Sony is wiping the floor with Nikon on the ML. And a $1640 discount in Toronto, suggest something is not quite right up on Cloud #9.

So while I have no hands on use, and I have no intentions of paying the price for a substandard product to get some, I'll make my comments based on information gleamed from reviews I've read, the "cons" that are readily identifiable, which are deal breakers for me. So while you may not like what I'm saying, and while you may not like my lack of hands on experience, I'm not wrong.

Disappointing to say the least... Is it too late to buy back your business?🙂

I hope so.

I have no issue with any criticism of any item, including those that I own, if it is by someone who actually has hands on experience with the item in question. Otherwise it is just meaningless internet drivel. Again disappointing...

You're wrong on that.

-- hide signature --

A Canon G5 and a bit of Nikon gear.
---------------------------
He could be right, he could be wrong. I think he’s wrong but he says it in such a sincere way. You have to think he thinks he’s right. - Bob Dylan

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
NCB
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow