Printer recommendations for Fuji jpegs?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Meetmer
Meetmer Contributing Member • Posts: 636
Re: Printer recommendations for Fuji jpegs?

Jerry-astro wrote:

JNR wrote:

I don't have the Pro 9000, but I'm aware of a good friend who has used it for years - and I evaluated the differences at the time of purchase. They will yield very similar prints, and perform very similarly. The chief difference is in the improvement in fade resistance. Though the 9000 is good for this compared to other dye printers, it has a failing with yellow ink (not at all uncommon) that has been successfully addressed in the "+" ink set of the Pro-100. The corresponding improvement claimed by Canon and is verified by independent testing - Aardenburg Imaging.

Very good to know. Thank much for sharing that.

Yes thank you.  I googled a picture of the pro-100 and it looks remarkably similar to the printer I have, the  Pixma pro-9000 mark II, which as I mentioned is about 9 years old at this point.  That being said, it looks like the pro-100 came out several years ago also, so there may not be a big technological difference between the two, save the difference in fade as was discussed.  Also, I have used archival paper with that printer which they say has a life of something like at least a hundred years.  Long and short of it is I will likely be dead before any of the pictures fade.   Now this is incentivizing me to but some ink cartridges and resurrect that pro 9000.   I might want to print out a few and have some pictures mounted on aluminum behind acrylic glass. It's pricey but they look oh so good.  They had a photo display at the crate and barrel near me and I was very impressed.

Doug

Meetmer's gear list:Meetmer's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow