Printer recommendations for Fuji jpegs?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
JNR
JNR Veteran Member • Posts: 3,656
Re: Printer recommendations for Fuji jpegs?

Jerry-astro wrote:

Meetmer wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

I personally use a Canon Pro-100, which I bought for a song when it was on sale a while back. It prints up to 13x19" (A3+) with outstanding quality. I have a decent number of prints framed around the house and I believe the print quality is every bit as good as the larger prints I have had done professionally.

How do you think that compares to the Canon PIXMA pro 9000? I have that printer sitting downstairs I’ve had it for maybe eight years I have not used it in a few years I would have to buy new ink versus just buying a newer printer and buying ink. It used to Print great pictures but with time comes newer development of technology so I really don’t know what the difference would be between that one and a new printer

You’ll probably need to get an answer to your question from someone who owns or has experience with both printers. I strictly use the Pro-100 for photo printing, which for me, is a very occasional thing and in fact, I only purchased it because there was an almost ridiculous sale going on at the time and the printer was extremely inexpensive. The cartridges aren’t cheap, but for prints up to the size I listed above, I’ve found it to be quite useful and the quality is simply excellent, as I mentioned in my OP.

I don't have the Pro 9000, but I'm aware of a good friend who has used it for years - and I evaluated the differences at the time of purchase. They will yield very similar prints, and perform very similarly. The chief difference is in the improvement in fade resistance. Though the 9000 is good for this compared to other dye printers, it has a failing with yellow ink (not at all uncommon) that has been successfully addressed in the "+" ink set of the Pro-100. The corresponding improvement claimed by Canon and is verified by independent testing - Aardenburg Imaging.

-- hide signature --

JNR

JNR's gear list:JNR's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Phase One Capture One Pro Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow