Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Reto B
Reto B Regular Member • Posts: 128
*** Mini-Challenge #544: The Winners ***

The Grande Finale: The Winners

1st place: Mr. Magical Madman Bill
This unusual creative and humorous approach and the skilful post-processing of the image justify this one to be the winner. So I gladly pass on the baton to Bill who hopefully will come up with the next interesting challenge. Congratulations Bill!

2nd place: Mr. Bike Messenger Trafford

Though he did not declare this image as an entry I had to "upgrade" it as such. Holding proudly his "first serious camera" and using a mirror for this self-portrait, lighting it with a photo flood bulb – and all of this as a 15 years old boy decades and decades ago – makes this one the 2nd winner. Congratulations Trafford!

3rd place: Mr. Happy Smile Snappyden

Setting up his mini tripod in a restaurant to show us how much he enjoys his stay in Bella Venezia and managing to shoot a self-timed, perfectly exposed image makes this one to deserve the 3rd place. Congratulations Snappyden!

The Honourable Mentions

Kudos to all who submitted their great images. I really like them all! It's nice to finally see some faces. So thank you very much for your valuable contributions. It was a lot of fun and very interesting to host this challenge.

Since everyone who participated – exposing her-/himself in a public forum – deserves to be honourably mentioned, I took a different approach and made a poster of all of them instead of posting an endless row of single images. This also prevents me from breaking the forum rules by posting too many images in one post. Open the poster in original size and fit it to the width of your screen and you can comfortably scroll through it

The Piccolo Finale

Last Thursday I went for a hike and thinking about our mini-challenge I decided to contribute a spontaneous shot taken at one of my favourite spots. To avoid a plastic smile, all I had to do was to remember Guy's grandiose Nose Shot...

Lastly the only thing left for me to do is to take my hat off to all participants! With this shot taken yesterday I forward many, many thanks to all of you again!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow