Printer recommendations for Fuji jpegs?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
JNR
JNR Veteran Member • Posts: 3,654
Re: Printer recommendations for Fuji jpegs?

Dr88man wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

I personally use a Canon Pro-100, which I bought for a song when it was on sale a while back. It prints up to 13x19" (A3+) with outstanding quality. I have a decent number of prints framed around the house and I believe the print quality is every bit as good as the larger prints I have had done professionally.

+1. I agree with Jerry, the Pro-100 yields excellent prints.

Yes, if you have room for that printer... it is the best choice for occasional printing needs because you don't have the clogging issues related to pigment ink printers - and the fade resistance (using Canon ink and paper) is still very good.

You might be best off exploring the "Printers and Printing" forum, but beware most of those folks tend to be bulk printers who are devoted to either pigment printing or low-cost third party dye printing.

As for the Pro-100, it tends to cycle on and off every couple months from full price to deeply discounted and including a boatload of paper... best to wait if not deeply discounted currently. Ink costs for this printer are considerably lower than the inexpensive all-in-ones due to the relatively larger size of the cartridges and somewhat less ink loss related to priming (necessary for occasional users).

-- hide signature --

JNR

JNR's gear list:JNR's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Phase One Capture One Pro Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow