Printer recommendations for Fuji jpegs?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 14,007
Re: Printer recommendations for Fuji jpegs?

Lettermanian wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

I personally use a Canon Pro-100, which I bought for a song when it was on sale a while back. It prints up to 13x19" (A3+) with outstanding quality. I have a decent number of prints framed around the house and I believe the print quality is every bit as good as the larger prints I have had done professionally.

Yes I'm familiar with that one and have considered it several times. It often goes on sale for $199 CDN which is a great price for a photo-centric printer of that quality. However, I've hesitated on it because of its size (not ideal for where I need it to go) and because the primary use of any printer we get will still be for regular documents. We still need a printer that can scan and print two sides etc, so an all-in-one with good photo printing would probably suit me better.

Makes sense. I use an HP laser printer for most of my other non-image printing and the Pro-100 exclusively for doing photo prints... mostly 13x19". Fortunately, we have enough room in our den for both and since I really don't print all that much, the Canon spends a lot of time "resting." The price at the time was so crazy cheap, I couldn't resist picking one up and the print quality really is superb. Of course (as always) the inks are quite expensive, but given the limited amount of printing I do, it's pretty affordable, at least for me.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow