More swallows in flight with G9 & PL 100-400

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hifi
hifi Senior Member • Posts: 2,457
More swallows in flight with G9 & PL 100-400

Trying out some more swallows in flight with the new G9. I also went out with the 100-300 mk1 to see how it would do with the G9 for this. The size and weight advantage with the 100-300 over the PL 100-400 is nice, but it is immediately apparent with the 100-300 that for this type of photography, it is not a good match. The G9 burst speed is considerably slowed down, and the focusing is not as good as with the 100-400. I guess I should not be surprised, but I was hoping for the 100-300 to do better. For air shows, and stationary birds, I still think the 100-300 is a great lens for the price, as I have done well with it in the past, but for more extreme things like this, the 100-400 is a must IMO.

Switching back over to the 100-400, had a blast again with this combo trying to photograph the little birds. In about 2 hours, I filled 2 64 gig cards, but still remained on 1 battery. Getting more practice in with the birds, I am able to get more close-up shots, but still is very challenging. Thanks for looking!

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow