Printer recommendations for Fuji jpegs?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Lettermanian
OP Lettermanian Senior Member • Posts: 1,370
Re: Printer recommendations for Fuji jpegs?

David Mintzer wrote:

Lettermanian wrote:

So I realize a question like this might seem ludicrous or even downright blasphemous to some Post-Processing and Printing Purists , but I am wondering if anyone has any specific brand/model recommendations for occasional photo printing on a consumer-level All-in-one printer. Our older 2-cartridge Canon inkjet is starting to have issues, and I don't think I want to spend another $70 on new ink for it when that money might be better spent on a newer printer with better photo-printing ability.

The printer will mainly be used for regular b+w and colour document printing, but once in a while I'd like to print some of my photos as well. I usually shoot jpeg (Film Sim bracketing) and give the files minor adjustments in Faststone; no printer/monitor calibrations for me. Basically I'm looking for an All-in-one inkjet that can reproduce as closely as possible the tones and colours I enjoy so much in Fuji's film sims. Any input is appreciated.

Be helpful if you could give a sense of what you budget is.

Printers seem to be quite cheap these days, so I'd say anywhere in the $100-$300 range (CDN). Canon, Epson and Brother printers are easily found in stores where I live, and I can easily find their specs etc, but I was hoping that someone with personal experience with printing from Fuji files could weigh in on which brand/printer is working well for them.

-- hide signature --

"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways." - Psalm 119:37

Lettermanian's gear list:Lettermanian's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow