How Are We?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Max5150 Regular Member • Posts: 159
Re: How Are We? - Who are the "we"?

JosephScha wrote:

All the cameras that were the source of gripes in your post were by Olympus, and I kind of presume the gripes were from Olympus owners or wanna-be Olympus owners.

All my micro 4/3 cameras have been Panasonic cameras, and almost all my lenses are as well. Personally I have not heard such gripes from Panasonic owners. There are people who loved the GM series and would rush out tomorrow and buy a GM9 if such a model came out, that is true. But I can't remember Panasonic owners griping that Panasonic has lost its way, and their top end model is too big. I own a G9 and I'm very happy. Before that i had a G7 (somewhat less pleased) and before that a G10. Panasonic has improved from the G10 to the G7 and from the G7 to the G9.

I don't know why that is, but I think it's true that the angst we hear about Olympus is much lower volume about Panasonic. Am I wrong?

I have a Panasonic G85 and GX9. I absolutely adore the G85. The only reason i bought into mft is because of the compact size and reduced weight factor. Otherwise, ill take my sony a7m3 which in my experience generally takes pictures i like more, but is definitely more weight to lug around overall.

I have been quietly waiting for a long time for an update to the G85. The G9 is a great camera, but its bigger than my sony a7.3 Why would i go there? Finally, Panasonic comes out with my camera, the G90 or whatever they called it, and bummer, they missed the target. Its not a camera i would buy, at that price at least.

So, i was back in the camera store yesterday trying to make the G9 work. Its such a great camera, but alas too big. So now im on the verge of buying an Olympus em-1.2 Guess I'll give that and a couple Olympus Pro lenses a try and see what happens.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow