18-135mm WR Lens, first shots. Thoughts?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Benz3ne Forum Member • Posts: 90
18-135mm WR Lens, first shots. Thoughts?

Hi all,

Been taking my camera out a few times now since the arrival of the 'new' (to me) lens. It's been paired with a cheap Hoya 62mm UV filter but I'll no longer be using that going forwards. It's not the most expensive lens, and the filter seems to be introducing some vignetting in the top corners, and I've missed focus a couple more times than I'd have liked, which I'm trying to deduce is from the Hoya filter or, more likely, myself! Photos included below were taken indoors, hence the higher ISO value.

If any of you lovely people have a little bit of time to scrutinise some of my recent, more liked, snaps I would be very grateful!

Mabel, post processed with some vignette, white balance, contrast, exposure and colour denoise.

Mabel, again. Lightly adapted for exposure. Love the character in this one.

There's a few more in my Flickr album, below. Mostly unprocessed with the exception of DarkTable's automatic edits.

Flickr Album in Question!

If anyone has specific tips on what to aim for with respect to focus, I'd love to hear. I've been playing around a little with spot focus, 11pt AF and 5pt AF as are standard on the camera.

Much appreciated a diolch yn fawr, pawb!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow