Flat view
SoezPhotos New Member • Posts: 1
Manual sync trigger of 2x or more studio flash head with the Canon 5D

I’ve been shooting studio photos with:

2x Godox DP1000 II

Godox Xpro-C TTL Wireless Flash Trigger, which has 2.5mm sync cord jack

Canon 5D Mk III

Canon 5D Mk IV

However, in my next shoot I am not able to go wireless and must go cable/manual trigger for all my flash.

I’ve been researching into it but seems to get confused to what cable I must acquire and want to see if anyone has any suggestion to what cable and adapter to get.

Is this what I should get:

https://www.amazon.com/Foto-Tech-3-5-Suitable-PocketWizard/dp/B00WIB7K5C/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=pc+sync+3.5mm&qid=1558254003&s=gateway&sr=8-5

5 Meter 3.5 mm to Male Flash PC Sync Cable

Is there any Y splitter, Flash PC Sync cable to 2x 3.5mm so I don’t have to utilize slave flash? or slave mode is the only way to do this?

This is what I am working with:

1. Camera out seems to be a PC sync port
  2. Godox Xpro-C seems to be a 2.5mm sync cord jack, however, I’m not sure if this is an in or an out.
  3. The studio head has a 3.5mm in plug.

Manual description below:

Godox Xpro-C TTL manual:

Wireless setting: The receiver end can control the camera shooting through the 2.5mm sync cord jack.

5D Mk III and IV Manual:

The camera’s PC terminal can be used with flash units having a sync cord. The terminal has locking threads to prevent the cord from falling off.

The camera’s PC terminal has no polarity. You can connect any sync cord regardless of its polarity.

Godox DP1000 II Manual:

Sync Triggering

The sync cord jack (2) is a Φ3.5mm plug. Insert a trigger plug here and the flash will be fired synchronously with the camera shutter. Synchronously press the S1/S2 button and BUZZ button to recover factory settings

Avatar AR Photo realistic Photogrammetry 80 cameras

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow