Sigma 60-600 or 150-600 Sport for z7?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul Richman
Paul Richman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,370
Sigma 60-600 or 150-600 Sport for z7?

I already have & love the Nikon 600 mm F4 E, 500 mm F5.6 PF, and 300 mm F4 PF lenses. However occasionally a single lens zoom solution would work better when shooting certain wildlife like big horn sheep.

I bought the Sigma 150–600 S lens a few months ago and thought it was pretty good but haven’t really used it that much because of the other lenses that I prefer. I’ve been reading Sigma reviews and I’m now really confused.

Lens tips and several other reviews say the 60 - 600 S Lens is much better than the older 150 - 600 S.  PC Mag, on the other hand, says the older lens is sharper at 600, contradictory to lenstip and most others.  I’m thinking about upgrading to the newer lens but now I’m confused and unsure.

what do you think?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Paul Richman
Pixels By Paul
http://PixelsByPaul.COM
"There's a good picture nearby. Find it. Take it. Share it."

Paul Richman's gear list:Paul Richman's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Nikon Z7 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 +16 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow