Z6 unresponsive

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
OP Styadp New Member • Posts: 9
Re: Z6 unresponsive

quattro88 wrote:

Styadp wrote:

After the recent 2.0 update on my Z6, the camera suddenly stops responding when I try to press the shutter button sometimes. Camera becomes unresponsive for everything and the content on the screen appears to be in slo-mo. Strange things is it won't turn off when I turn off the camera. This happens for around 5-6 seconds randomly. When I keep pressing the shutter button, it says something like to press the shutter release button to release something.. (I didn't pay much attention when this happened for around 4 times as I was in a photoshoot and was panicking)

What could have caused the issue?

I was using Tamron 14-35 f2.8g2 with FTZ adapter when this happened.

I had the same Z6 behavior when I put on my Tamron 28-70 f2.8 G2. The problem for the camera behaving this way is in Tamron, not Z6. Tamron needs firmware update.

You will need to buy TAMRON TAP-in Console for Nikon TAP-01N. It's available on Amazon. I am reluctant to spend $80 for a one-time use of this gadget as I have Nikon 24-70 f4 that came with Z6. I need to find someone in Vancouver to buy this console together and to share it.

I've already updated firmware long back. I've all Trinity lenses from Tamron (G2s) with latest firmware. It never happened before. May be loose connection between adaptor and the lens?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow