Nikon Z advisory

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
DigitalFFUser Senior Member • Posts: 1,358
Re: For someone who has never owned one...

T O Shooter wrote:

rbmphoto wrote:

You certainly seemed bothered by the Z line.

Not in the least. I'm disappointed in Nikon's attempt at making a ML body. I'd have bought one.

Is someone strongly urging you to by one?

Not at all.

Typically before I “mouth off” on a topic, particularly to the extent you have been posting and seemingly can’t let this go, I try to have some hands on experience with that product. You too were strongly in that camp and had been for some time.

There are no camps. I do have an issue with fellows portraying it as the Holy Grail, everything Nikon is Golden and so on. I've seen enough reviews, read enough on the issues to take a position on the Zee line. It does not take much to discover it has poorer AF, one card slot, an adapter than many take issue with, the need for an adapter in itself, the fact that the Z6 would have made a nice ML Df except for the fact you can't meter those nice old Ai and Ais primes properly, too small, won't balance with large lenses properly, and the idea that Nikon intends to sell anyone that buys one a whole new set of lenses that will not take one image better then I can take now with my f mount. I certainly not going to buy one to prove I'm right. It just dropped $1600 in Toronto, so it is tanking.

Z mount is certainly better than F mount. Its Physics dude. Check out the 24-70 S zooms especially 24-70 F2.8 S. Its better than anything offered by any manufacturer in that range.

Z has the best balance and ergonomics than any ML in the market.  New S lenses are better than F mount.  Z cameras + superior S lenses is light weight killer combo.

DigitalFFUser's gear list:DigitalFFUser's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
NCB
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow