DigitalFFUser wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

DigitalFFUser wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

DigitalFFUser wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

AZBlue wrote:

You like your Z, and that's good for you. Stick with what you know. Perhaps you shouldn't speak for the many well respected folks who have used and reviewed this product, and who have clearly identified many of its shortcomings. Doing so only puts you into the category of trying to rationalize your purchase by invoking straw men.

I you invoking inverse logic - and also using straw men?

I like my Z for some things, my D850 for others, and my D500 for yet other things

Nobody has yet produced an ML body, or a DSLR, which is perfect for everything, though any one option might be perfect for one specific photographer.

The only area for me of doubt with Z is Dynamic area AF is not as flexible for focus tracking (moving toward or away from the camera) as D850 or D500.

When it comes to movement across the frame or focus on an eye Z has it - and DSLR's generally do not.

If you can accept neither is better - or worse - just different - maybe you are on this Earth and not on Fullers Earth.

The Z6 and Z7 is worse than the D850. Plain and simple. While there are different tools

I own both D850 and Z6 and can tell you that Z6 even at 24 MP is giving D850 run for its money.

1) It stablized all my F-mount lenses.

2) New S lenses are amazing. I was blown away by kit lens's quality as it was better than my G primes.

3) Live view with histogram is so much helpful.

4) of course its lighter. Despite being young and body builder I enjoy this light setup more.

5) SOOC quality of Z is better than D850 and D610.

6) All my f-mount lenses are producing tack sharp images whereas on D850 I had to fine tune all my lenses.

7) Video on Z6 is at least million times better than D850.

8) Eye AF on Z6 is amongst the best implementations.

9) IBIS on Z6 is one of the best. So easy to take photos at slow shutter speeds now/

The list goes on and on.

Conclusion: Z cameras are better cameras than D850 in wide variety of situations.

You are wrong. The D850 in the pinnacle of DSLRs. As refined and near perfect as it comes.

The Z6 and Z7 has missed on a lot of points. A couple of weeks ago, this could have been written off as a "he said, she said" thingy.

But not today. You have the dismal Zee sales figures that were posted here within the last week or so. Sony is wiping the floor with them. You have the recall that this thread is about. You have a $1640 discount here in Toronto on a Z7 + FTZ adapter. That's sixteen hundred and forty dollars! You can ignore those three points all you want, you can explain them away all you want. But in May 2019 the Zees are at least half a failure. If the Z7/Z6II or III are as improved as they need to be, I'll have a look.

I also live in GTA

I got my Z6 on a good discount and it's a fabulous camera.

Why might that have been?

I am hoping for even bigger discounts so that i can buy even more. I would love to buy 24-70 F2.8 S as at the moment its beyond my reach.

Using all my F mount lenses. With the latest update it got even better. My Z6 is a good buddy of my D850 ..it's just that it's better in more situations than D850. .. I don't care about Sony as I can't use my F mount lenses like Z6.

I hope they discount S lenses too. They are super sharp and much better than F counterparts.

Post some images that show me where your S lens/lenses were the difference. It should not be too much to ask of someone so boastful about how good they are. I'm willing to be convinced.

I am willing to meet you in person in Mississauga.

Doesn't need a meeting. I'd like to see some images from you to back up your claims.

Meeting is needed .. I have some images taken from D50 that look better than both D610 and D850.  We need to do side by side comparison in a controlled environment.

I will show both D850 and Z6 images to you. Both are great but its a win for Z as its just a 24 MP camera using the kit zoom.

Prepared to be surprised by Z colors as Nikon tweaked their algorithms for better. Z colors are much better than D850 and hardly require any post processing like D610 or even D850 (D850 is better than D610 though).

In the mean time check comparison by other people 24-70 f2,8 S lens with F mount one. S version is winning hands downs.

Sony has been in ML game for so long yet Nikon was able to come in par and even exceed in its first generation. As a software engineer I can tell how tough to achieve this. Kudos to Nikon and its engineering team.

DigitalFFUser's gear list:DigitalFFUser's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
NCB
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow