What photo gallery app are you using?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
sarah11918
sarah11918 Regular Member • Posts: 193
Re: What photo gallery app are you using?

ernstbk wrote:

Warning: The "latest" version of QuickPic is broken, for more information see the comments in the play store.

Even more of a warning, QuickPic was bought years ago by Cheetah Mobile who are known to be beyond sketchy. I used to use it, and it *was* great, but as soon as this company purchased the app, MANY people ditched it. Cheetah Mobile was recently sanctioned by Google and had several of their apps removed from the Play store. It is just not a trustworthy app anymore, and it's not one I recommend on that basis alone.

F-Stop is great, and the developer even bought a Chromebook when I brought up some issues with using the Android app on Chrome OS (which is still trying to perfect its inclusion of Android apps) to assist with development. There is an anonymous bug reporting option, which you can disable in settings. I don't think otherwise you're sending any information to the developer (who has actually been quite responsive to me).

I still do think Piktures is a great option that suits many people who don't need all of F-Stop Gallery's bells and whistles. It's beautiful, and has some nice customization... just not all the extensive photo management stuff offered by F-Stop. They are so different, I like to suggest to people to check out both, so they can get a sense of one very sleek app and one workhorse and then see which direction they prefer to go in.

sarah11918's gear list:sarah11918's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Snapseed +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow