Picture comparison

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
johnbandry Senior Member • Posts: 2,678
Re: Picture comparison

Marks88 wrote:

Below are two pictures; One taken by me, the other used in promotional literature. Both at the same location.

I am sure you can tell which one was taken by me.

When taking this picture I couldn't get the camera to focus on the internal wall and, as you can see, the light from outside dominates the picture. Can anyone help with how to address this? or is it likely that a flash was used on the professional picture?

Thanks

focus: I don't know what your camera can do, but either focus with a centre focus point aimed at the door frame/chair and recompose before  shooting, or select a focus point that is over the door frame.

exposure: you could use flash, you could also try setting a couple of stops exposure compensation (-2 or -3), or you could set your camera to manual exposure and set it to a quarter or less of the exposure metered for outside.

-- hide signature --

John Bandry
“Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of ... self-serving men” - Robert A. Heinlein

johnbandry's gear list:johnbandry's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow