Z6 unresponsive

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
quattro88
quattro88 Contributing Member • Posts: 726
Re: Z6 unresponsive

Styadp wrote:

After the recent 2.0 update on my Z6, the camera suddenly stops responding when I try to press the shutter button sometimes. Camera becomes unresponsive for everything and the content on the screen appears to be in slo-mo. Strange things is it won't turn off when I turn off the camera. This happens for around 5-6 seconds randomly. When I keep pressing the shutter button, it says something like to press the shutter release button to release something.. (I didn't pay much attention when this happened for around 4 times as I was in a photoshoot and was panicking)

What could have caused the issue?

I was using Tamron 14-35 f2.8g2 with FTZ adapter when this happened.

I had the same Z6 behavior when I put on my Tamron 28-70 f2.8 G2. The problem for the camera behaving this way is in Tamron, not Z6. Tamron needs firmware update.

You will need to buy TAMRON TAP-in Console for Nikon TAP-01N. It's available on Amazon. I am reluctant to spend $80 for a one-time use of this gadget as I have Nikon 24-70 f4 that came with Z6. I need to find someone in Vancouver to buy this console together and to share it.

-- hide signature --

Efraim
Vancouver, Canada
Nikon D750, Nikon Z6, Nikkor AF-S 70-200 F/2.8 G ED VRII, Nikkor S 24-70 f/4, Nikkor AF-S 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR, Nikkor AF-S 16-35 f/4 VR, Nikon AF-S 50mm F/1.8, Tamron 24-70 f2.8 VC USD G2.
Web: http://www.rightonphotography.com

quattro88's gear list:quattro88's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow