A-Mount

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
lhkjacky Senior Member • Posts: 2,860
Re: Btw... the A58

ActionPhotoPassion wrote:

The review of A77m2 of dpreview doesn't even mention the eyeAF feature. Actually none of the reviews I had read about this camera does talk about eyeAF like if it's not existing....

However eye-AF has appeared as a must-have thing since its invention in A7m3 body... It seems ....

The reviewers from dpreview are not familiar with A-mount cameras. Their reviews are always full of mistakes. They are not interested in A-mount camera, therefore they don't take time to learn how to use the camera.

In A77mk2 review, they don't even know how to get autofocus in video mode. They said they have to turn the mode dial to other mode to focus and turn back to video mode every time to take a video. In fact, they don't have to do that, they can customize a button for autofocus. I pointed it out in the comment below the review and they corrected it.

In the A77mk2 review page 7, they said multi-frame noise reduction combine 3 images.
That is not truth, A77mk2 have two MFNR setting "Low" and "High", one combine 4 images and the other combine 12 images. I pointed it out in the comment below, Rishi have read the comment, but after 4 years, they still did correct it.
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-alpha-slt-a77ii/7

They also use a wrong setting in the auto-focus test. They completely ignore Sony focus guide recommendation and set the camera in 100% opposite setting.

lhkjacky's gear list:lhkjacky's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Ricoh GR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EXX
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow