How bad is the smushiness in the corners of this lens?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pcunnin Junior Member • Posts: 36
How bad is the smushiness in the corners of this lens?

Just bought a used LX10, and was taking some sample pictures from last night and noticed some smushiness in the corners as others have noted.

Took some today to post here, how bad is it? Low, average, high? Some people return the camera if it is not acceptable. Should I return it? Please click the photos for full sized version and zoom in the corners. I shot in RAW but I couldn't post them here in RAW format, so I converted them to JPEG using iPhoto.

I'm thinking about keeping it if it isn't too bad, especially considering I paid only about $350 only and the camera is pristine - basically in new condition even though it was listed as used.

What do you guys think? Sorry about the mundane subject matter. First two pictures were taken with a small tripod, check the captions on all photos for focal length and F stop.

Need some feedback on the quality of this lens sample, please help!

24mm F/2.8

28mm F/2.8

24mm F/2.8

24mm F/1.4

24mm F/2.5

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic LX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow