Nikon Z6 and Z7 Service Advisory

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
CamPeru New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Nikon Z6 and Z7 Service Advisory

I filled in the service advisory form after my serial number ( in the 3011's) came up as "affected". It advised me that next step was to contact my local Nikon service agent (Nikon Peru). I contacted them and they were very surprised- they had not heard of any issue or service advisory notice and that if i wanted my camera serviced I would have to pay full cost or contact Nikon USA as the camera was purchased there. I contacted Nikon USA who informed me to contact my local service agent ( I could see a loop forming here). Long story short Nikon USA told me that the issue was "creating lines on the image like you were shooting on a hot day"

I have not noticed this before even though my Z6 is "Affected" and as the only solution Nikon can offer me is to send my unit at my cost and risk to New York or just wait and see if the problem develops I am not sure how to proceed?

Has anyone noticed these "heat wave lines" ? it is the first mention of them I had seen.

Was this service advisory issued globally or just by Nikon USA, I was surprised that they did not seem prepared for this in Nikon LATAM.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
C41
C41
C41
C41
C41
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow