Nikon Z advisory

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
AZBlue
AZBlue Senior Member • Posts: 2,289
Re: Nikon Z advisory

briantilley wrote:

AZBlue wrote:

You're the one who said "try finding people complaining". And I did. Look at any comprehensive review of this product. Having responded to your biased statement with an irrefutable fact, you backtrack to say that *I* am the one complaining and that it's a joke to suggest that supporters of the Z are engaged in confirmation bias. What you said, what you just engaged in, is somewhat the definition of confirmation bias.

As is (in the opposite sense) what you are doing.

Actually no, you may want to re-read the thread you are responding to. You're the first one who, out of defensiveness, stated that nobody is complaining about the Z. I did not, in any of my initial posts, say anything about people not liking the Z. I made a simple statement about being happy I had a D850. My references to the Z had to do with early adopters affected by the recall, nothing more. You're the one who took it upon yourself to carry water for all Z owners when it wasn't even necessary.

Don't try and change the story now that it no longer fits your purpose.

The fact is that many people who chose to buy a Z camera are happy with it, and many people who chose not to buy one can see things that are wrong with it. Is that really so surprising?

You like your Z, and that's good for you. Stick with what you know. Perhaps you shouldn't speak for the many well respected folks who have used and reviewed this product, and who have clearly identified many of its shortcomings. Doing so only puts you into the category of trying to rationalize your purchase by invoking straw men.

...just like you seem to be trying to justify your non-purchase.

What straw men have I invoked?

This is a FX forum. You shouldn't be shocked when people post in appreciation of their DXXX cameras. If you want Z love, post in the Z forum.

-- hide signature --

"I've been in more laps than a napkin" - Mae West

AZBlue's gear list:AZBlue's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
NCB
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow