Is DPR biased?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 9,167
Re: Is DPR biased?

GaryAyala wrote:

Fuji was questioned on IBIS first on the XT1. Their reply was, (essentially), that in order to employ IBIS they would have either had to enlarge the mount/body or reduce the size of the sensor. Fuji people felt that none of those options was acceptable, hence no IBIS.

And Fuji did have to redesign the shutter and shutter housing plus add additional heat sink for the additional electronics to accommodate IBIS which resulted in a redesigned body for the H1.

The question I think for Fuji is simple.  If there engineering assessment is correct with the current mount and body sizes of the X series, then the trade will might be difficult and include

Increased body size to accommodate the H1 shutter or an increased mount size which would impact their X series lenses.

No one knows the direction Fuji will take at this point and contrary to DPR's stated stand that IBIS should be default - it is not quite that clear cut. DPR has although the term photography is in their name it is simply a digital camera review site whose sole purpose now it to chum the market as a front end for Amazon.com whose whole only interest in photography is to sell equipment.  So I don't necessarily DPR has a bias against Fiji - they have positive bias (and I expect their management is graded, hired/fired) based on their impact on Amazon's bottom line. In that case there would be a strong inceptive to be biased to push every new technical independent to it's photographic necessity as absolutely necessary to chum the market.

Being a low light, handheld shooter and having used IBIS with Olympus cameras ... I love IBIS ... I love IS ... I wish all my cameras and all my lenses had image stabilization.

I think if Fuji was starting the X series all over that they would have adopted IBIS as standard equipment. With the widespread use of IBIS, I think that all modern/new cameras should be dinged for lack thereof.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow