official announcement from Nikon JP : Z6 / Z7 firmware update ver 2.0 will be coming on 16 May 2019

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Horshack Veteran Member • Posts: 7,604
Re: Image review changed

KuvaPanda wrote:

Interesting change with "image review".

With 1.0.3 there was audible click and noticeable delay when entering automatic image review after taking a photo. With DSLR I always had this feature enabled, but with Z7 I kept it off because it was just too clunky. It was also disabled by default, which was odd in itself, guess Nikon knew it was not good..

In 2.0 they changed it, it's now faster and silent. Playback and menus still has the delay and clicks, just the review doesn't.

The clicking noises on the Z occur when switching between LV and Playback and are from the camera locking IBIS on/off. However the Z's never did this for the automatic Image Review mode - this isn't new to 2.0

I think these delays are because the camera locks the sensor image stablizing. Anyway it's nice they noticed, and fixed it.

Since the camera doesn't lock IBIS for image review the blackout delays were caused by something else. Whatever the cause, Nikon did eliminate them in 2.0. I posted a video of this here: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62674685.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow